To provide support across all areas of the finance department while studying apprenticeship.
• Purchase ledger (supplier) administration – matching and batching of invoices and credit notes, setting up payments to suppliers, regular statement reconciliations, setting up new accounts, resolution of queries
• Sales ledger (customer) administration – raising invoices and credit notes, regular contact with customers, opening new accounts, allocating payments, resolution of queries
• Posting of cash book and reconciling of bank accounts
• Month end journals
• Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns/Intrastat/EC sales list
• Analysis and calculation of customer rebates in line with agreements
• Analysis and reporting using Excel spreadsheets
• Other tasks will be added in conjunction with development and training
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Full training and support will be given to ensure full understanding of all finance areas is achieved in line the external study program.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths and English
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
Keen eye for detail and takes pride in their work
Knowledge of Excel
Good problem solving abilities