Responsibility for ensuring the company operates within and adheres to all relevant legislation surrounding HSE and applicable compliance procedures. Providing accurate guidance to the company on all Quality related matters and promote a positive culture and approach.
• Ability to undertake root cause analysis utilising Quality tools (8D, Ishikawa & 5Y).
• Analyse data & utilise KPI’s to identify improvements in all areas of HSE, customer, supplier & internal performance.
• Mentor and facilitate activities through leading Kaizen teams to improve all aspects of QHSE.
• Manage the transition of suppliers towards PPAP for a successful certification/sign-off (PSW).
• Work with technical and purchasing in the setting of supplier acceptance criteria & trials.
• Maintain the management systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001 & adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & BBA.
• Regularly communicate information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation, promoting QHSE & identifying continual process improvements.
• Coordinate and facilitate internal, external & third party audits & testing as required.
• Update the CMS (Customer Management System) & identify areas of non conformance, chairing meetings with department heads to identify root cause & corrective actions.
• Communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure clear & factual information is provided.
• Ensure all activities within the compliance calendar and calibration programme are adhered.
• Complete task based risk assessments – Mechanical, CoSHH, Fire and manual handling.
• Participate in new product development project teams and manage Quality toll gates
Diploma in Quality or similar such as CMI or ILM Diploma/Certificate in Management plus NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma.
Previous experience as a Quality/QHSE Manager and relevant experience of working at both strategic and operational level.
Previous experience of managing teams as a QHSE Manager.
Proven experience of managing suppliers within a manufacturing environment.
A demonstrable and proven track record in the use of Quality tools; such as 8D, FEMEA, Ishikawa, Root cause, Kaizen/Six Sigma & 5Y associated Quality tools.
A knowledgeable understanding of ISO 9001 & adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & BBA.
Excellent communication with proven ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations.
Excellent IT skills, including window based software packages.
Highly analytical with proven ability to monitor compliance and quality, conduct audits and provide feedback/solutions to achieve deadlines and objectives.
Ability to interpret and apply legislation, codes of practice and guidance and to develop appropriate policies and procedures.