Responsible for assessing the quality of finished products and raw materials against set standards. Log all test data and communicate any discrepancies or issues identified to management to prevent sub-standard materials being supplied. This role involves working three shifts, days and nights on a three week rota basis, with one hour unpaid break.
• Concentration and focus in the role to prevent unnecessary production delays due to waiting for test results.
• To work in a safe manner, paying attention to the surrounding work environment and the hazards of materials you are handling.
• Undertake QC testing of all pre-blended admixes, finished products & selected raw materials against pre-set specifications ensuring exact conditions and equipment is used.
• Logging and recording of all test results and related comments, maintaining accurate and up-to-date QC records.
• Analysing and interpreting QC results implementing actions accordingly.
• Maintaining instant communication with both works & technical management when discrepancies or issues arise.
• Compiling and issuing of data for non-conformance notices (NCPs)
• Accurate labeling of materials (pallets) as required.
• Control of “on test” status materials on the warehouse management system.
• Ensuring raw materials and bought in finished products, where required, are tested within time constraints and meets specification parameters.
• Issuing of certifications of conformity where required.
• Logging, allocating ownership and completing response on the complaints management system for “product performance” status for returned materials to lab.
• Ensure the highest level of housekeeping is maintained at all times and that work and storage areas are kept in a tidy and presentable state.
Flexible to cover both days and nights as required.
Good level of education (i.e. A-Levels).
Enthusiastic, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Ability to work alone, with initiative, and flexible to suit the needs of the business.
Exceptional attention to detail, happy undertaking routine and repetitive work.
IT Skills, specifically use of MS Office, Bespoke Systems and Software.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Highly analytical with proven ability to monitor compliance and quality, conduct audits and provide feedback/solutions to achieve deadlines and objectives.
Ability to read and understand specifications.