We are looking to recruit an entry level or experienced graduate who is looking to develop their Technical and Management abilities, building on the essential skills and business acumen to become a world-class sales professional. We are offering a two year training programme which will underpin knowledge and understanding of the business before stepping into an external sales role. The program is designed to support on-the-job activities, strengthening your strategic thinking, business writing, and problem solving skills, which are key competencies for increased selling potential and to advance to the next level at Instarmac.
Development & Training programme for the first 24 months will include:
• Full commitment and participation of Company / Department Induction
• Completion of 12 month rotation of Internal Sales, Marketing, External Sales and Exports
• Role appreciation in the following areas; Production / Warehouse and Transport
• Development of first class customer service skills
• Product training and understanding
• Attending field visits – job shadowing
• Attending exhibitions and supporting campaigns
• Develop Technical skills, stepping into an external sales role with responsibility.
• Completion of external training courses; Essential Selling Skills & Advanced Selling Skills.
Following completion of programme, you will progress into an Area Sales Manager role where day-to-day activities will include:
• Looking for opportunities to sell product range to both new and existing customers within your designated region
• Take responsibility for researching and prospecting new contacts and departments within organisations
• Fully preparing for and attending appointments for both existing and prospect customers
• Assist in responding & documenting promptly to sales leads and gaining maximum potential
• Primary responsibility for researching and prospecting customers needs and requirements & matching these with product recommendations including material training and trials
• Building and nurturing business relationships with customers
• Attending exhibitions and industry events to gain new sales leads
• Identifying future markets and product requirements and enhancements
• Identifying contractors, specifiers and engineers with potential requirements for our product range
• Following up promptly samples and quotations to convert to a sale
• Take primary responsibility for checking customers sales history & purchasing trends; using risk reports (e.g. 5 & 13 month reports) to ensure they are ordering all possible product lines and take appropriate action to manage any deficits
• Achieving all monthly/annual sales targets & KPI’s
• Recommending product solutions to suit the customer’s needs
• Educated to degree level
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• A commercial mind-set
• Confident and ambitious
• Happy to adopt our Company values; Work Hard, Have Fun, Make a Difference.