To ensure we remain compliant in key areas within the Transport Department. Areas of compliance control will be DVSA, Internal Processes, External Carriers and Customers, ensuring that the necessary expectations and standards are being met and achieved at all times.
• Weekly recording, control and reporting and sharing of driver Infringement information.
• Capturing, recording and sharing of driver’s hours in lines with Drivers Hours Regulations and WTD. Weekly downloading of Driver Tachos / Digi-Cards, plus monthly downloading of vehicles.
• Obtain vehicle utilization figures for own fleet (eg MPG, Idling, Harsh Braking etc), ensuring that information is recorded, reported and shared in a timely and accurate fashion each week.
• Across various topics, updating and maintaining detailed and accurate up to date records as required by company procedure and legislation.
• Purchasing of products / services required for the transport department (eg Fuel, PPE, Clothing etc), and working with SAP to control the Purchase Order Number element.
• Control of delivery paperwork, ensuring that it’s all in place and ready for the when the drivers arrive back at site.
• Get involved with our customers, ensuring the Booking in process for their deliveries is actioned in a timely fashion at all times.
• Get involved in collections back into the business, ensuring the Administration and control is current and up to date at all times.
• Involvement in our Complaint Management Process, ensuring internal and external customers are aware of the issue and the necessary action taken to resolve.
• Control all external carrier claims which arise, ensuring they are reported in a timely fashion, and credits for all claims paid in a timely fashion also.
• Work with other internal department, supplying them with any relevant and requested information i.e Accounts, HR, Sales etc.
• Provide numerous ad-hoc & KPI reports to Logistics Manager in order to measure performance across various topics related to the transport operation.
• Work with the Logistics Manager in swift and accurate recording and sharing of any Vehicle accidents, communicating effectively with the Insurance Company.
• Act as support cover for the Transport Planner during periods of annual leave/sickness.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Experience of working in a transport department, with some understanding of the business as a whole.
Excellent organisational skills and ability to handling multiple tasks.
High standard of administration skills.
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to adapt to changes to the schedules.
Ability to keep calm in an often demanding role.
High levels of IT skills: especially with Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)