Developing new accounts and business by proactively selling the ‘Instarmac Difference’ and actively promoting the range of products associated with brand. Hitting sales targets and meeting KPI’s. Carrying out all necessary tasks to assist in the successful growth of the brand.
• Diary management and planning to ensure that your time is utilised in the most productive and effective way.
• Constantly look for opportunities to up-sell and add on sales. Promptly follow up sample and quotations to convert to sales and manage ongoing price reviews together with providing PR/Case Studies opportunities whenever possible.
• Secure partnerships/trading agreement, ensuring that it supports both customer and business commercial requirements.
• Researching and prospecting of new contacts and responding to any sales leads promptly. Identifying any future markets, product requirements and enhancements. Attend any relevant exhibitions and industry events to gain new business leads.
• Achieving all monthly / annual sales targets and KPI’s.
• Primary responsibility for checking customer sales history and purchasing trends to ensure they are ordering all possible product lines.
• Assisting with technical queries. Effectively managing customer complaints and queries. Taking all necessary steps to resolve matters promptly (for example product testing and site visits).
• Managing customer database effectively. Updating with new prospect contacts and customer information and visit notes. Ensuring records are kept accurate and up to date.
• Analysing and maintaining industry knowledge of competitors and their products.
• Management of Merchants to ensure products are merchandised correctly, literature and technical updates are communicated effectively.
• Annual price increase management if required.
• Look for and appoint new merchants or new channels for product sales
• Proactively maintain effective communication with all levels of decision makers and influencers within customer base.
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Significant and proven experience (of no less than 3 years) working within the Builders Merchants industry.
• Experience of selling or working with a building construction product, with a proven record of hitting and exceeding sales targets and KPI’s
• Excellent relationship building skills and ability to create rapport.
• Organised and efficient in planning and diary management.
• Retention & objection handling skills
• Knowledge of the Builder Merchant sector ideally independent merchants and buying groups
• Full UK driving license
• Standard Disclosure Check (cost will be met by the Company)