To ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements to agreed specification / timeframes and costs. Day-to-day responsibility for the production (control and supervision) stages.
• Leads and manages the production team effectively;
- supervise, organise, advise, motivate and engage a team, specifically undertaking: management of performance, discipline and grievance, timekeeping and absence management.
- Carry out performance and development appraisals as well as training and development for each member in the team.
- Recruit, develop and manage the team to enhance capabilities and support personal growth.
- Act as coach / mentor to the Senior Production Operative, building capabilities.
• Organisation and planning of resource within the Cement Production Department to ensure that holidays, training, absence, stock levels and peaks in demand are adequately covered.
• Ensure that order of manufacturing meets quality / testing requirements.
• Oversees the operating of all production lines with the Cement Production Department.
• Track, maintain and report on KPI’s associated with the Production Department. Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed.
• Responsible for HSE and quality risks on the lines.
• Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority.
• Identify areas for improvement and drive forward new procedures regarding 5S standards, OEE and production processes and monitor standards via regular audits.
• Effectively communicating with all other departments.
• Adjustment of systems to ensure accuracy of data.
• Attending PPS Meetings with view to introducing countermeasures for processes with scope for improvement.
• Plan and develop weekly departmental meetings.
• Leading and supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive forward standards.
• Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed and product specifications & quality metrics are met.
• Challenge what we do and innovate.
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Proven experience as a Production Manager within a fast paced environment. With the ability to work at an operational and strategic level
• Extensive experience of leading and managing a team
• Manage efficiently the planning & scheduling & control of work
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Strong project management skills
• IT Skills, specifically use of MS Office, bespoke Systems and reporting
• Lean manufacturing skills
• Experience of implementing and monitoring 5S initiatives