To support the Head of Finance, ensuring that business reporting is provided consistently, accurately and in a timely manner. To produce monthly management accounts and annual statutory information within set deadlines with sufficient information to enable clear understanding. To ensure that the financial systems and controls are robust and raise operational standards throughout the business.
• Month-end close process: issuing timely and accurate financial statements, monthly management accounts and monthly sales and gross margin reports
• Delivering monthly profit & loss and balance sheet commentary including variance to budget
• Ensuring annual statutory reporting and audit information is prepared and completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Managing the annual audit process and tax compliance
• Developing robust financial controls, improving systems and processes
• Management of the annual budgeting process, including managing performance against budget, reporting on business performance and challenging key stakeholders on variances
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports as required by the business
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls
• Provide support and cover for monthly payroll.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Professional accounting qualification with significant post-qualification experience
Professionally qualified (ACA / ACCA /ACMA) with a strong academic record
In-depth experience of managing budgets and financial controls
Strong commercial acumen, integrity and credibility
Experience of a product led organisation – ideally within a standalone SME