To successfully deliver and collect goods to and from customers and suppliers across the UK. Always providing excellent customer service and representing the Company in the best possible way.
• Ensure the safe loading of the vehicle at all times.
• Check goods prior to dispatch, ensuring no damages or shortages.
• Observe all tachograph laws relating to driving, including the correct use of tachographs and driving times/breaks.
• Abide by all legislation surrounding transport driving.
• Be an ambassador and represent the Company in a professional manner, and drive in a safe and courteous manner, giving consideration to other road users.
• Performing daily checks on the vehicle. Responsibility to report any defects / findings to the Fleet Manager immediately.
• Maintaining a clean and tidy vehicle at all times.
• Be prepared on occasions to hand-ball goods from vehicle to the customers shop or store. This may involve some heavy lifting.
• Professional, clean and tidy completion of paperwork as requested by the company, plus correct capturing of electronic POD’s (E:Pods)
• Provide exceptionally high levels of professionalism, politeness and courteousness to ensure a first class delivery service.
• We always promote clear and effective communication, so you will be expected to liaise with Customers, Sales Coordinators, Transport colleagues and Local management.
• Assist in our recycling opportunities looking to get as many empty pallets back to Instarmac as possible.
Other duties may involve providing support to our Production and Warehouse operations on a ad-hoc basis.
We have a full time position along with zero hours arrangements
• Excellent customer service skills
• Clear communication both written and verbal
• UK Driving license - held for a minimum of 2 years with no more than 6 ‘live penalty points’
• Class 2 Licence
• CPC Card (must be UK cards for verification)
• Digi Card (must be UK cards for verification)
• Previous HGV driving experience
• Disclosure Scotland Certificate – this can be obtained within 2 weeks of requesting.
• A minimum of 2 years experience of HGV driving
• Over 25 years of age (insurance premiums)
- FLT Licence
1. Remote interview process
2. Personal protective equipment provided or required
3. Temperature screenings
4. Track and trace for those attending site
5. Social distancing programme in place, including inter-department movements
6. Virtual meetings
7. Temporary working from home arrangements for certain roles
8. Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place