To successfully deliver and collect goods to and from customers and suppliers across the UK. Always providing excellent customer service and representing the Company in the best possible way.
• Ensure the safe loading of the vehicle at all times.
• Check goods prior to dispatch, ensuring no damages or shortages.
• Observe all tachograph laws relating to driving, including the correct use of tachographs and driving times/breaks.
• Abide by all legislation surrounding transport driving.
• Be an ambassador and represent the Company in a professional manner, and drive in a safe and courteous manner, giving consideration to other road users.
• Performing daily checks on the vehicle. Responsibility to report any defects / findings to the Fleet Manager immediately.
• Maintaining a clean and tidy vehicle at all times.
• Be prepared on occasions to hand-ball goods from vehicle to the customers shop or store. This may involve some heavy lifting.
• Professional, clean and tidy completion of paperwork as requested by the company, plus correct capturing of electronic POD’s (E:Pods)
• Provide exceptionally high levels of professionalism, politeness and courteousness to ensure a first class delivery service.
• We always promote clear and effective communication, so you will be expected to liaise with Customers, Sales Coordinators, Transport colleagues and Local management.
• Assist in our recycling opportunities looking to get as many empty pallets back to Instarmac as possible.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Clear communication both written and verbal
• UK Driving license - held for a minimum of 2 years with no more than 6 ‘live penalty points’
• Class 2 Licence
• CPC Card (must be UK cards for verification)
• Digi Card (must be UK cards for verification)
• Previous HGV driving experience
• Disclosure Scotland Certificate – this can be obtained within 2 weeks of requesting.
• A minimum of 2 years experience of HGV driving
• Over 25 years of age (insurance premiums)