Providing a proactive, responsive, customer solution focused approach to strengthen capabilities, behaviours, driving ownership and accountability for the delivery of expected results and increased engagement across the business.
• Pro-actively supports the implementation of performance management systems and provide guidance to managers to support the continued development of staff. With a focus on driving standards and the achievement of core targets (such as sales results, 5S standards, quality of supplier/ tender questionnaire submissions/wins, timekeeping, sickness absence triggers, agency spend etc) and other company / department metrics that effect the bottom line and PPRP.
• To increase leadership capabilities through the design and delivery of annual management development programme, and/or one off modules.
• Support business objectives/change programmes which have significant people implications.
• Act as a trusted advisor, building credible and influential relationships whilst being able to challenge decisions and behaviours. Attends important meetings within their client groups and supports team discussions – is ‘visible’ within the business.
• Provides coaching and commercial guidance to managers on HR/employee relations matters relating to customer needs, compliance and risk management issues.
• Provide creative and flexible solutions across the people agenda, employee lifecycle, improving the candidate and employee experience, and employee value proposition ensuring we continue to be a ‘Great Place to Work’.
• Assist the business managers in the organisational and/or job design, ensuring any structural changes are executed in a compliant, timely and in a sensitive manner. Ensures the career matrix reflects current structures, job roles and progression paths at all times.
• Support the recruitment processes by applying sound practices and methodologies to attract and appoint top talent into the business, ensuring compliance to ISMS (and NDA requirements), coaching managers throughout the process. Provides constructive feedback, including Thomas International PPA profiling, to candidates as required. Promote Instarmac Group plc as the ‘employer of choice’ to the locality by the efficient use of media and other promotional tools (including the production of targeted advertising through relevant platforms and the promotion of the role and benefits of working with the Instarmac Group).
• Provide guidance and support on resourcing, on boarding, induction, personal development plans, appraisal career management, succession planning, talent management, apprentice and graduate programmes to drive effective workforce planning that takes account of business plans.
• Work collaboratively with HR colleagues to ensure a shared and cohesive HR partnering service is delivered across the business.
• Contribute to the formation of internal policy and procedures to comply with business needs and/or support legislation and/or good employment practices.
• Participates in the roll out of HR projects, organisational change programmes and engagement initiatives to deliver the People strategy.
• Support the roll out of HR initiatives such as the development of new systems, tools, processes and services to maximize business benefit.
• Support employee retention initiatives ensuring voluntary employee turnover levels remain at a minimum
• Continually identify opportunities for cost efficiencies without compromising the quality or service levels to the business.
• Ensure all critical HR administrative duties for the relevant business units are effectively carried out, in the absence of the HR Administrator, and the tender process and holiday home process is fully supported at all times.
• Provides absence/critical cover for payroll and also hospitality activities as needed.
• On a shared basis, attends management meetings, support’s company / group initiative’s as required / in the absence of the Head of HR.
• Produces monthly report of activities and trends for their business area to Head of HR (and business managers as needed to inform decisions).
• Monthly business reports for Management, Board of Directors and Trustees.
Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• CIPD qualified with extensive post qualifying experience in a generalist advisory role managing a broad range of complex casework.
• Proven experience of working in partnership with senior managers to influence and advise on all aspects of people management and development
• Proven track record of implementing HR strategy with an emphasis on performance management, employee engagement and growth transformation.
• Experience of designing and delivering training programmes
• Demonstrate ability to adapt personal approach to respond flexibly and pragmatically to business needs
• Demonstrable experience of project management and commitment to change, from developing practical change plans, reporting on their delivery and evaluation.
• Thorough working knowledge of UK employment law, and keeps updated on best practice initiatives.
• IT skills, specifically use of different social media platforms, MS Office, HR Systems and reporting.
• Strong commercial acumen, integrity and personal credibility.