To support our strategic business plan the HR Advisor will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the HR Operational Plan in getting the right people in the right place at the right time. The role will provide policy, process, advice on key people matters together with promoting employee engagement, wellbeing and upholding our unique culture and values. Supporting line managers to deliver people solutions, while helping to drive business/people continuity and delivery.
• Oversee and participates in all aspects of the Employee life-cycle/journey, including but not limited to recruitment, induction and on-boarding, contractual changes, development, engagement initiatives and leaver process.
• Specific focus will be on recruitment, updating job profiles, advertising roles on website, instarnet, totaljobs and social media platforms and manage the HR & Recruitment Inboxes.
• Responsible for supporting and advising the business on employee relations issues including but not limited to dispute resolution, collective consultation, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, change and performance management.
• Coach & mentor managers on management/best practice and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Deliver tailored training programmes as needed.
• Supports the Head of HR to ensure that policy, procedures and forms are relevant and up to date, in line with current legislation and maintained according to ISO standards, GDPR compliance and Company values.
• Actively supports and drives communication plan through regular bulletins, engagement app, and delivery of annual engagement plan, holiday home usage and annual employee survey.
• Drives innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
• Participate in HR project work as required.
• Support the day to day HR operational requirements and defining priorities, activity and in ensuring all expectations are met.
CIPD qualified to level 5 or above.
Significant HR experience in a senior generalist role.
Proven experience of managing and advising on complex Employee Relations activities including but not limited to Dispute Resolution, Performance Management, Grievances, Disciplinaries, Collective Consultation, Performance and Absence Management.
Experienced in the skill of (HRBP) Business Partnering as the role will work closely with the operational teams who require both reactive and proactive support.
Up to date knowledge of employment law.
Experience of managing and developing a team.
IT skills, specifically use of different social media platforms, MS Office, HR Systems and reporting.
Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with difficult situations positively.
Drive and commitment to make things happen together with a driven nature to continuously improve processes and to get people to do the right thing.
Willing to challenge when required.
Experience in manufacturing/engineering environment
Chartered MCIPD status
Qualified Thomas International PPA Practitioner
1. Remote interview process
2. Personal protective equipment provided or required
3. Temperature screenings
4. Track and trace for those attending site
5. Social distancing programme in place, including inter-department movements
6. Virtual meetings
7. Temporary working from home arrangements for certain roles
8. Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place