Responsible for an Internal Sales Team activity, predominantly made up of outbound 8-10 Sales Coordinators that are responsible for all the customers and activity day to day. Managing existing customers business together with new business/development activity to ensure both customer and business requirements are met. Through leadership, development and motivators ensure the teams deliver and maintain Key Performance Indicators including revenue targets, achievement of retention and growth. Works especially closely with other Internal Sales Manager together with the Brand Managers, Marketing and the Head of Sales.
Sales & Customer Experience
• Creates and maintains a professional team that has excellent relationships with our customers, understands their requirements and provides those solutions that support both the customer and business requirements.
• Work to ensure teams use excellent telephone and communication skills when talking to both external and internal customers, use appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods with a view to achieve.
• Ensure delivery against departmental Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and delivery of revenue targets set.
• Monitor and analyse trends affecting business, including identifying improvement initiatives. Work in conjunction with relevant managers to ensure appropriate product and operational solutions are offered to customers to ensure the sales activity is both building accounts and developing account value.
• Manage the customer facing teams of the Internal sales functions to ensure effective implementation of the agreed service standards and activity
• Lead the implementation of sales quality processes and improvements and embed new ways of working.
• Design and delivery of ‘Internal Training Programme’ to strengthen department technical knowledge and competence in providing the best customer solution.
• Lead and involve people in activity and process improvements
• Adopt best practices within the team, share and highlight areas where the team and our customers can benefit either through different ways of working or approaches.
• Plan and prioritise the customer calls (customer lists) and resources (staff) to maximise the effectiveness of the team and individual abilities to achieve sales targets and satisfy customer requirements
• Drive a high performing culture through the measurement of performance against key metrics following a Plan Do Check Act methodology
• Ensure that Customer facing teams and adequately and effectively resourced with a focus on efficiency and productivity
• Monitor and review teams and individual performance and trends against KPI’s with a view to optimise results, recognise achievement and dealing with under performers professionally.
• Manage the Customer Management System to identify trends for department and address root causes (i.e., input errors).
• Champion the business strategy ensuring the customer is at the heart of what we do; through managers and team leaders so that all employees understand the part they play in its success
• Promote a culture of excellence in respect of sales, service, quality and improvement
• Drive high energy and motivation
• Coach and develop Line managers to foster a performance and coaching culture
• Develop the capability of teams through structured learning and development plans and strong performance management processes
• Recognise and develop talent with solid succession plans
• Undertakes regular and meaningful 1:1 reviews, alongside annual and interim performance and development reviews.
• Lead by example
• Set the tone for the function in regards to appropriate values and behaviours
• Focus on communication to ensure teams are heard, informed and supported
• Drive an energetic and positive working environment where people feel they have the opportunity to be the best they can be
Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Be able to demonstrable experience in successful telephone sales performance management, coaching, development of sales techniques, motivation and mentoring.
• Excellent previous track record of B2B customer contact/sales in a similar office sales environment at a similar level, responsible for a large team.
• Can demonstrate problem ownership/solving skills inc the ability to change focus quickly to support the needs of the business objectives.
• Ability to demonstrate good business understanding and ability to engage at all levels in business.
• Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets and KPI’s
• Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Excel. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, products and procedures
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to make informed decision based on data.
• Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment