Providing a proactive, responsive, customer solution focused approach to strengthen leadership capabilities, behaviours, driving ownership and accountability for the delivery of expected results and increased engagement across the business.
• Conduct individual and team leadership skills gap analyses by working closely with the senior management team for business area.
• Identify, design or develop and deliver training courses for all levels (Apprentice, Graduate and Leadership) along with training materials.
• Developing and supporting young people initiatives, such as our apprenticeships and graduates programmes. Having an effective monitoring and review process of trainees in place.
• Build annual leadership training programmes and prepare roll-out plans.
• Identify training and development needs from appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and Head of HR.
• Develop a wide variety of development opportunities consisting of various delivery methods, to include 1:1 mentoring and coaching of Managers to strengthen capabilities.
• Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
• Measure the effectiveness of training and development interventions to ensure it ‘makes a difference’..
• Support recruitment and attraction
• Build succession plans for key roles.
• Pro-actively supports the implementation of performance management systems and provide guidance to managers to support the continued development of staff.
• Ensures the career matrix reflects current structures, job roles and progression paths at all times.
• Provide guidance and support as a HR Generalist covering resourcing, on boarding, induction, personal development plans, appraisal , career management, succession planning, talent management, performance management, change, employee relations to drive effective workforce planning that takes account of business plans.
• Work collaboratively with HR colleagues to ensure a shared and cohesive HR service is delivered across the business.
• Contribute to the formation of internal policy and procedures to comply with business needs and/or support legislation and/or good employment practices.
• Participates in the roll out of HR projects, organisational change programmes and engagement initiatives to deliver the People strategy.
• Support the roll out of HR initiatives such as the development of new systems, tools, processes and services to maximize business benefit.
• Support employee retention initiatives ensuring voluntary employee turnover levels remain at a minimum
• Continually identify opportunities for cost efficiencies without compromising the quality or service levels to the business.
• Ensure all critical HR administrative duties, including tender submission, are effectively carried out, in the absence of the HR Administrator.
• Provides absence/critical cover for payroll and also hospitality activities as needed.
• On a shared basis, attends management meetings, supports company / group initiative’s as required / in the absence of the Head of HR.
• Produces monthly report of activities and trends for their business area to Head of HR (and business managers as needed to inform decisions).
• Monthly business reports for Management, Board of Directors and Trustees.
Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
CIPD qualified with proven post qualifying experience as a Training and Development Advisor in a technical and leadership environment.
Proven experience of working in partnership with senior managers to influence and advise on all aspects of people management and development
Considerable experience in developing Training and Development interventions for all grades and disciplines of employees
Experience of designing and delivering training programmes.
Talent management and succession planning experience
Extensive working knowledge of apprenticeships and graduate programmes.
Excellent communication skills with a natural coaching style.
IT skills, specifically use of different social media platforms, MS Office, HR Systems and reporting.
Ability to plan, multi task and manage time effectively.
Solid HR generalist experience.