Ensuring machinery and equipment runs smoothly and reliably by undertaking scheduled and breakdown maintenance of equipment and plant. Adopts a professional and proactive approach to maintenance solutions. Primary shift will be 09.30 until 18.00 Monday to Friday equating to 40 hours per week, with a requirement to work various shifts including nights, on-call and weekends.
About the Role:
• Planning and undertaking scheduled PPM’S (planned preventative maintenance tasks) in relevant timeframes.
• Responding to call outs / breakdowns / line stoppages in timescales agreed.
• Diagnosing faults
• Repairing equipment
• Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
• Creating maintenance procedures
• Fill in and complete all required paperwork.
• Ensure best practice is followed in all aspects of role.
• Work to 5s standards and promote 5s standards to other colleagues.
• Challenge current processes looking to continually improve all areas involved in.
• Take part in Kaizen / Continuous Improvement events.
• Communicate effectively with all colleagues sharing knowledge and ideas.
• Identify training required that would improve both individuals and the business.
• Ensuring that all machinery and equipment runs efficiently at all times with minimum downtime.
• Promote and ensure a safe working environment and contribute to H&S requirements across the business as a whole
• Providing support to other members of the maintenance team, including coaching and mentoring an Apprentice.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Relevant technical, M&E knowledge with the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
• A dedicated maintenance professional with significant experience in working in a busy and fast paced manufacturing environment offering both proactive and reactive maintenance solutions.
• Self-motivated achiever
• Equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team
• An ability to work well under pressure
• Efficiency and organisation skills
• Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Is flexible in their approach and supporting a 24 hour manufacturing facility.
• Fully qualified electrician
• Understanding of robotic cells