To increase profitability and effectiveness by monitoring, managing and maintaining stock levels including forecasting materials and packaging requirements against planned production.
• To ensure that production lines do not run out of materials, in order to meet customer demand.
• Manage stock levels of purchased materials and deal with suppliers on a daily basis.
• Handle the day to day dealings with material suppliers.
• Raising material purchase orders and collection notes and tracking deliveries.
• Monitor low stock reports and act to avoid shortages.
• Communicate potential issues throughout the business.
• Run the Master Resource Planning (MRP)/Purchase Schedule.
• Chase overdue orders and work with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
• Work with Transport, Goods Inwards & the yard manager departments to ensure materials are booked in correctly.
• Liaise with Production, Sales, Warehouse, Quality, Transport, Finance and other departments to solve and manage problems.
• Take an active part in stock taking duties including PI counts.
• Resolving any stock discrepancies within SAP
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
• Stock Control Related Tasks
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Excellent communication skills
Strong negotiation skills
Experience with MRP and managing purchase orders
Good problem solving skills and a focused mindset
Goods MSFT Office skills
Excellent organisation skills
Good level of education with good numeracy skills
Good attention to detail
Ideally you will also have...
SAP knowledge (PO’s creation / Dispatching/ Inventory management)
Experience of working in a manufacturing environment