To maintain the cleanliness of all designated areas and grounds as directed using appropriate equipment and/or materials as supplied.
About the Role:
• Maintain the highest standard of housekeeping and cleanliness within assigned areas within Production and Warehouse, observing all Health and Safety requirements.
• Duties will include cleaning of all production areas, recycling of waste materials and other jobs as required. eg hanging pictures, mending doors, painting of industrial machinery etc.
• You must follow a cleaning schedule to ensure production and warehouse areas are in line with 5s standards.
• Ensure regular checks are undertaken during the working day. Any faults/defects are to be reported.
• To demonstrate flexibility with regard to operational requirements of the business.
• Ensure the safety of yourself and others whilst carrying out your duties.
• Carry out housekeeping activities within timescales relevant to each specific area.
• To strive towards continuous improvement in all activities undertaken.
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
• Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value
• Promote good working relationships as an integral part of the team
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Ability to follow instructions and to work accurately, quickly and methodically whilst undertaking repetitive tasks
• Work in a safe manner and comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
• Able to work well on own and as part of a team to achieve targets
• Good communication skills
• Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality/standards
• Good level of general education
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Industry experience