Working as part of a team to ensure the safe and efficient manufacture of materials to the correct specification, both manually and by using provided automation / machinery, to feed business operations and customer demand.
• To manufacture products on a Right First Time basis whilst following company procedures and observing all Health and Safety requirements.
• To demonstrate flexibility with regard to operational requirements of the business.
• Ensure the safety of yourself and others whilst carrying out your duties.
• Carry out housekeeping activities within timescales relevant to each specific area.
• To maintain expected housekeeping standards of all production areas worked in.
• Work to 5S standards and promote 5S standards to other colleagues.
• Identify and inform the management team of quality and maintenance issues when they arise.
• To strive towards continuous improvement in all activities undertaken.
• To complete vocational and skills based training as required.
• Completion of production related administration as required.
• Ensure that all lifting and maneuvering of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
• Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner
• Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
• Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value
• Promote good working relationships as an integral part of the team
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Please note we operate over various shifts (days and nights) and candidates need to be flexible to work any shift.