Overall responsibility of all production planning and the continual development of a production scheduling system within a busy production environment. To ensure the manufacture and distribution of products runs efficiently.
• Plan production requirements across all production lines.
• Provide production plans for all areas by agreed deadlines.
• Work closely with Production Manager ensuring plans are correct and achievable.
• Gather production information and report against shortfalls / resource issues and over production.
• Issue of Silo Log for timely delivery of bulk raw materials.
• Develop and drive forward production planning process.
• Identify areas for improvement and drive forward new procedures regarding OEE and production processes and monitor standards via regular reporting.
• Effectively communicating with all other departments.
• Adjustment of systems to ensure accuracy of data.
• Weekly stock / production meetings – delivering plans and discussions on potential shortfalls.
• Working closely with stock control department to ensure smooth operation of Production process.
• Liaising with sales department to identify potential spikes in demand / product promotions etc.
• Supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive forward standards.
• Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed and product specifications & quality metrics are met.
• Track, maintain and report on KPI’s associated with the Production Department. Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed.
• Challenge what we do and innovate.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Proven experience as a Production Planner within a fast paced environment. With the ability to work at an operational and strategic level.
Knowledge of SAP / JDA Despatcher
Manage efficiently the planning & scheduling & control of work.
Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Strong project management skills
IT Skills, specifically use of MS Office, bespoke Systems and reporting
Resourceful, resilient and solution orientated
Lean manufacturing skills.
Experience of implementing and monitoring improvement initiatives
Industry or Manufacturing experience
Supervisor, Leadership or Management qualification
First Aid Certificate
Knowledge of fire safety regulations