Responsibility of all production planning and the continual development of a production scheduling system within a busy production environment. To ensure the manufacture and distribution of products runs efficiently.
• Efficiently and effectively plan all production requirements across all production lines.
• Provide production plans for all areas by agreed deadlines.
• Work closely with Production Managers ensuring plans are correct and achievable.
• Gather production information and report against shortfalls / resource issues and over production.
• Issue of Silo Log for timely delivery of bulk raw materials.
• Develop and drive forward production planning process.
• Identify areas for improvement and drive forward new procedures regarding OEE and production processes and monitor standards via regular reporting.
• Effectively communicating with all other departments.
• Adjustment of systems to ensure accuracy of data, such as bill of materials.
• Daily/weekly stock / production meetings – delivering plans and discussions on potential shortfalls.
• Working closely with stock control department to ensure smooth operation of Production process.
• Liaising with sales department to identify potential spikes in demand / product promotions etc.
• Supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive forward standards.
• Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed and product specifications & quality metrics are met.
• Track, maintain and report on KPI’s associated with the Production Department. Analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed.
• Challenge what we do and innovate.
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Previous experience working within a busy Production facility
• Knowledge of SAP / JDA Despatcher / Production Planning Systems
• Manage efficiently the planning & scheduling & control of work.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Strong project management skills
• IT Skills, specifically use of MS Office, bespoke Systems and reporting
• Resourceful, resilient and solution orientated
• Experience of implementing and monitoring improvement initiatives