Overall responsibility of all production planning and the continual development of a production scheduling system within a busy production environment. To be responsible for communicating to the business of any short falls which may impact business processes.
• Plan production across the business.
• Support in the development and implementation of advanced production planning systems.
• Monitor demand for trends and changes and work to minimise their impact on the customer.
• Manage finished goods stock levels to support both customers and production processes.
• Build excellent working relationships with other departments and their managers.
• Push to continually improve stock availability for the customer.
• Work with the Bills of Materials to ensure they are correct.
• Monitor and help to manage shortfalls to ensure they are communicated out, resolved as quickly as possible, and countermeasures put in place to prevent recurrence.
• Report on KPIs for finished goods, stock availability, shortages, and performance to plan.
• Work as part of the Stock Control team and provide cover and support where needed.
• Challenge what we do and innovate.
• Undertake duties in accordance with all the relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
- Proven experience as a Production Planner within a fast paced environment. With the ability to work at an operational and strategic level.
- Knowledge of electronic Production Planning Systems.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills: communications, planning and problem solving.
- Use of MS Office and such as excel.
- Resourceful, resilient and solution orientated.
- Continuous improvement driven.
1. Remote interview process
2. Personal protective equipment provided or required
3. Temperature screenings
4. Track and trace for those attending site
5. Social distancing programme in place, including inter-department movements
6. Virtual meetings
7. Temporary working from home arrangements for certain roles
8. Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place