Reporting to the QHSE Compliance Manager, the QA Inspector is responsible for upholding safety standards during production, checking the product at various stages to ensure it meets all quality standards, compliance and specifications. The QA inspector monitors the quality of incoming and outgoing products and relevant inputs throughout the product life cycle
Conducting inspections, analysing results and reporting on issues of nonconformance, supporting investigation, the role will be independent of the production department.
• Inspection of quality and weight checks of palletised Goods-in (individual bags & full pallet) and finished goods.
• Goods in support at busy times leading to the ability to provide Goods-in cover, either holidays, absence or role reversal
• Supplying information on Supplier NCR’s as required
• Health & safety audits, risk assessments and contractor control audits, compiling findings for the QHSE Compliance Manager
• Trained to supervise the internal audit team
• Sample testing of palletised materials in line with silo delivery sampling.
• First line investigation of customer & internal related issues
• Selected customer inspection (Instarchecks)
• Quarantine management of non-conforming products
• Random pick face audits of finished goods (damages/cleanliness).
• Support the Calibration plan - measuring equipment
• Writing reports on the results of testing and other observations of product
• Completing SDS certificates on GHS professional (training will be provided)
• Ordering of PPE creating PO’s on SAP for approval
• Raise supplier return notes and ensure pallets are labelled ready for collection
• Updating quality control policies and procedures
• The ability to analyse the quality and performance of a product
• An understanding of industry safety standards
• The ability to work well with others, communicating with Operations and Quality Control (QC) departments so they become aware of any defects
• Communicating with the Quality Assurance (QA) department about how to prevent similar defects in the future
- Proven Working knowledge of the 7 principles of Quality Management - Commercial awareness and how quality performance and meeting standards effects the business
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate credibility and confidence of skill set (people and product safety)
- Flexible but strong willed when required
- Possesses a flexible attitude towards work and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately