To manage a portfolio of customers that will be made up of Complex, Existing Key Accounts and/or those identified as potential Key within the Brand and to provide support at buyer and site level. To retain business, build growth and identify opportunities together with developing long term relationships and solutions for the customers. To take responsibility and ownership for these customers and ensure that a high level of professionalism and customer relationship is demonstrated at all times.
About the Role:
• Contribute to the achievement of the Business revenue and margin targets.
• Responsible for retaining and building customer relationships, together with identifying positional growth.
• Present and gain agreement from the customers identified to ensure the customer sees this approach as added value from their current relationship with Instarmac.
• Work with the supporting functions (internal and external) to implement and gain a clear understanding of the customer’s organisation and requirement, that ultimately, to the customer, reflects a single joined up team approach .
• Work proactively with your portfolio, with a planned schedule of visits/reviews, using reports and information to keep the customer up to date.
• Secure partnerships/trading agreement and specifications across portfolio, ensuring that it supports both customer and business commercial requirements.
• Support Tender activity to produce final bids to the customers including presentations.
• Generate management reports, as required, that will include current portfolio revenue, identifying risks and opportunities with action plans to support.
• Regular contact & dialogue with business key heads including ASM’s,Works, finance, Procurement and Operations .
• 70/30 split between customer facing activity with regular daily meetings and working from the office
• Working to KPI’s that will include growth of designated accounts measured against a defined value; delivery of targets and/or objectives; specification agreed and implemented.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Strong knowledge of marketplace, competitors, or experience of similar markets.
• Highly developed selling skills with excellent communication skills both F2F and written, with the interpersonal skills to influence other parts of the business
• A growth track record in a B2B environment, with a strong level of commercial acumen, gained from senior account management or large/key sales background.
• High levels of energy, commitment and tenacity with a strong understanding of the sales/service process and large accounts processes and buying behaviours.
• Ability to work autonomously, with effective diary and journey planning skills
• A proven service or sales professional operating at the minimum of key and high value account level.
• Good strategic planning and day to day organising skills, high in initiative and problem solving skills.
• A proven record of hitting targets and KPIs
• Excellent communication skills
• Full UK driving license
• Well presented and professional manner
• Disclosure Scotland Check (cost will be met by the Company)