Manages, organises and leads the warehouse department, ensuring an efficient and effective operation that delivers excellent service to all customers and stakeholders.
• Leads and manages the team effectively
• supervise, organise, advise, motivate and engage a team, specifically undertaking: management of performance, discipline and grievance, timekeeping and absence management
• Carry out performance and development appraisals as well as training and development for each member in the team.
• Recruit, develop and manage the team to enhance capabilities and support personal growth
• Delivery of regular team meetings and toolbox talks to the team.
• Ensuring a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority.
• Organisation and planning of resource within the Warehouse Department to ensure that holidays, training, absence, stock levels and peaks in demand are adequately covered.
• Identify areas for improvement and drive forward new procedures regarding 5S standards, resource utilisation and warehouse processes. Monitor and improve standards via regular audits.
• Effectively communicating with all departments/customers/stakeholders.
• Responsibility for managing the returns process.
• Adjustment of systems to ensure accuracy of data.
• Attending weekly Production /Quality / Technical / Stock Meetings.
• Leading and supporting safety initiatives and processes to drive forward standards.
• Ensuring operational procedures exist and are followed and departmental standards & quality metrics are met.
• Track, maintain and report on KPI’s associated with the Warehouse Department. Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed.
• Monitor, review and plan all departmental training, ensuring that all relevant licenses / skills are maintained / improved.
• Plan and complete all relevant legislative audits and inspections.
• Deliver exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers
• Manage and own warehouse management system.
• Manage all MHE equipment monitoring daily sign offs, arranging services, training, compliance etc.
• Drive forward and promote continuous improvement practices.
• Challenge what we do and innovate.
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
• Proven & significant experience of working in a Supervisory role within a fast paced warehouse environment
• Experience and knowledge of JDA Despatcher / Red Prarie essential.
• A proven record of hitting targets and improving standards
• Extensive experience of leading, managing and improving a team.
• Good working knowledge of 5S Standards and Health and Safety Management
• Organised and efficient in planning and diary/time management.
• Excellent IT skills, including window based software packages.
• Ability to communicate appropriately both verbally and in written and electronic forms with all levels of business.