Working as part of a team to ensure the safe and efficient storage, order picking, loading and unloading of vehicles to feed business operations and customer demand.
• Collecting and storing raw materials and finished product in the correct location.
• Operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to move and arrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly.
• Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
• Checking all picked orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders.
• Loading and unloading transport vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
• Good housekeeping, cleaning and maintaining the warehouse to standards expected.
• Providing excellent customer service all customers – both internal and external.
• Use and care of necessary equipment – scanners, MHE etc.
• To demonstrate flexibility with regard to operational requirements of the business.
• Work to 5S standards and promote 5S standards to other colleagues.
• Identify and inform the management team of quality and maintenance issues when they arise.
• To strive towards continuous improvement in all activities undertaken.
• To complete vocational and skills based training as required.
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
• Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner
• Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
• Support and involvement in stock counts as and when required.
• Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value.
• Promote good working relationships as an integral part of the team.
• Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
This summaries key tasks and responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list.
Experience of working in a fast paced warehouse environment
Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality/standards
Ability to follow instructions and to work accurately and methodically
Work in a safe manner and comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
Able to work well on own and as part of a team to achieve targets
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Good level of general education