- Training Academy
Instarmac is a multi award-winning market-leading company. A specialist in the manufacture and distribution of cement and bitumen based products to the world markets for over 40 years.
The Company operates a 24 hour manufacturing facility between Monday to Friday each week and works on shift patterns (Days and Nights).
We are now looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative to join our state of the art manufacturing facility, working on our night shift (7.30pm - 05.30am ) Monday to Thursday.
Working as part of a team to ensure the safe and efficient storage, order picking, loading and unloading of vehicles to feed business operations and customer demand.
• Collecting and storing raw materials and finished product in the correct location.
• Operating MHE Equipment to move and arrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly.
• Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
• Checking all picked orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders.
• Loading and unloading transport vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
• Maintain good housekeeping, cleaning and maintaining the warehouse to standards expected, to ensure operational efficiency.
• Providing excellent customer service all customers – both internal and external.
• Use and care of necessary equipment – scanners, MHE etc.
• To demonstrate flexibility with regard to operational requirements of the business.
• Work to 5S standards and promote 5S standards to other colleagues.
• Identify and inform the management team of quality and maintenance issues when they arise.
• To strive towards continuous improvement in all activities undertaken.
• To complete vocational and skills based training as required.
• Ensure that all lifting and maneuvering of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others.
• Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
• Support and involvement in stock counts as and when required.
• We are looking for experienced and qualified Counterbalance Warehouse Operatives - candidates who also are VNA or REACH qualified would be an advantage.
• All candidates must have experience of working within a busy warehouse facility, with experience of using handheld devices and has knowledge of JDA Despatcher.
• A team player, who can follow instructions and work accurately, quickly and methodically.
• Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive starting salary.
Should the position be confirmed as permanent we offer a fantastic benefits package which includes:
• Performance Profit Related Bonus (PPRP) - a discretionary bonus of around 8% of salary paid to all permanent employees annually
• Up to 29 days annual leave
• 5-7.5% pension contribution
• Private medical cover
• Life Cover
• Free use of holiday homes in Tenerife, Padstow and St Ives with subsidised petrol / flight costs.
To apply for this position - please email us at email@example.com