- Training Academy
START YOUR CAREER WITH INSTARMAC AND JOIN A COMPANY THAT NEVER STANDS STILL.
At Instarmac we pride ourselves on our open communication. We have a strong family feel and work ethos where everyone is valued and rewarded for what they do. Our prestigious awards, which include Great Place to Work® and Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies, are in recognition of our strong leadership, outstanding employee engagement and benefits and excellent wellbeing initiatives.
Our company values – Work Hard, Have Fun, Make a Difference – are what guide us, make us who we are and show what we stand for.
We offer a competitive starting salary with progression pay banding opportunities and other fantastic benefits which include:
- Performance Profit Related Bonus (PPRP) - a discretionary bonus of around 8% of salary paid to all employees annually
- Up to 29 days annual leave
- 5-7.5% pension contribution
- Private medical cover
- Life Cover
- Dental cover plan
- Free use of holiday homes in Tenerife, Padstow and St Ives with subsidised petrol / flight costs.
- Income Protection Scheme
- An extensive EAP suite to support health and wellbeing
Due to recent growth, we are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Warehouse Operative with Forklift or LLOP experience to join our state of the art manufacturing facility, working on our dayshift 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday weekly rotational shift pattern 06:00am - 14:00pm and 14:00pm- 22:00pm.
We have come a long way since our humble beginning, but our journey is far from over. Come and join us, who knows where our journey may take you…
Working as part of a team to ensure the safe and efficient storage, order picking, loading and unloading of vehicles to feed business operations and customer demand.
How you will be making a difference....
•Safely and efficiently operating a Forklift Truck to load, unload and move materials within the warehouse environment.
• Collecting and storing raw materials, packaging and finished product in the correct location.
• Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
• Checking all picked orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders.
• Loading and unloading transport vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
• Maintain good housekeeping, cleaning and maintaining the warehouse to standards expected, to ensure operational efficiency.
• Providing excellent customer service for all customers – both internal and external.
• Use and care of necessary equipment – scanners, MHE etc.
• To demonstrate flexibility with regard to operational requirements of the business.
• Work to 5S standards and promote 5S standards to other colleagues.
• Identify and inform the management team of quality and maintenance issues when they arise.
• To strive towards continuous improvement in all activities undertaken.
• To complete vocational and skills-based training in a timely interview as required.
• Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
• Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others.
• Handle any hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
• Support and involvement in stock counts as and when required.
• We are looking for experienced and qualified Counterbalance Warehouse Operatives - Forklift, LLOP and REACH licenses - candidates who also are VNA or REACH qualified would be an advantage.
• Experience of working within a busy warehouse facility.
• Experience of using WMS handheld devices. (Training will be provided)
• A team player, who can follow instructions and work accurately, quickly and methodically.
• Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org